Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring Classic Duathlon Coming Up --- Help!

On Saturday, with less than two weeks to go until the duathlon I signed up for, and having missed some of the training days I was counting on to prepare for that, I was getting discouraged.

However, I went out to the jogging trail at the lake anyway, and was able to jog 3 miles in a better time than the last time I did it, three weeks ago.

....Which was very encouraging. So I'm thinking I'll go ahead and do the duathlon even though I'm not as prepared as I thought I'd be by this point. I'll just keep working up to it and be as prepared as I can be.

....And regard it as a training exercise, not as a race (which is how the organizers are talking it up, in emails I get every couple of days).

1 comment:

  1. The more I train, the more I realize I'm never ready. I'm in a constant state of training and getting ready.

    And that's okay.

    Or it better be.

    ReplyDelete