Thursday, March 13, 2014

Body Pump

Today I finally broke down and went to the Body Pump class at my gym. The 5:30 a.m. Body Pump class. Aaaarrgh!

I'd peeked in on these classes sometimes, and they looked incredibly hard. I mean, not the exercises, which are just lifting weights in various positions and configurations. "Just." But getting all the gear set up seemed monumentally difficult. And all the people looked like they knew what they were doing, and I sure didn't.

So the only reason I went today was my friends R. and J. went with me. I'd run into them last Saturday in spin class, after a long time of not seeing them, and they offered to go with me to help me get set up and get started.

It was just like they show in this video, except a much larger room and class size. I'm glad I went. And I'll go again, even though I'm sure I'll ache tomorrow.

1 comment: