Monday, March 10, 2014

Body Combat

I just got back from body combat class at my gym. I've taken a few of these in the last few weeks, and I really like them. They give a great aerobic workout while sort of teaching some actual boxing, jujitsu, and Muai Thai techniques.

In the classes I've taken so far, we're nowhere near as competent as these people look! The class is way more crowded, and way less disciplined:

We have people in there kind of waving their fists toward the instructor when they're supposed to be doing a jab; other people stopping in the middle of a set to mop the sweat off; and a couple of people in each session just walking out after the first half-hour.

Anyway, I've been enjoying this class as my second hour of exercise on some of my workout days. One thing I haven't done, and won't do, is buy my own cute little pair of gloves.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great class. I'm sure the instructor is totally peeved/amused at the people who can't/won't do a proper jab. Honestly, it's not that difficult. Some people just don't try.

    ReplyDelete