Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hippie Chick Half: Done

Thanks to my wonderful sisters for your encouraging and helpful comments!

So, I made it through another half marathon, a hard run/walk/jog. And this time my knees didn't start hurting till about the ninth mile, which is a huge improvement.

This time I had a friend with me, Lara, who runs so much faster than me that I told her after about a quarter mile to go ahead, and she did.

I think my time improved, but haven't seen the results yet so I'm not sure. Even if they did improve, it was only by a couple of minutes, but that's okay with me!

There were so many people running!---all women, too! We waited until the crowd thinned out before we started.


We made it! Jeff was waiting for Lara when she got to the finish line, and then me, about 20 minutes later.



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I think I ran 13 miles once in my life, a long time ago. I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great accomplishment. I'm so proud of you. Good job, Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome! Congratulations! You impress me each day. I think I'm finally just about over my PTSD of my first (only) half-marathon and thinking about getting ready for another one. It was certainly helped me feel like I was in shape!

    ReplyDelete