Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sandra's Birthday

(This is the same post I just put up on my Aunt Louise blog. After I wrote and posted it, I realized it could go just as well here, since Sandra is the reason we have gotten an even huger crowd than last year together to ride and support the Huntsman 140 on June 21.)

She would have been 67 years old today. We are riding in the Huntsman 140 next month in her memory and honor.

Laura has created a Facebook page for Team Sandra with photos, videos, and links to our Huntsman 140 page. You don't have to be a Facebook member to go to this page and see all that great content.



By the way, we're still accepting donations! Here's our team donation page.

And here's my personal page. Even though we're called Team Sandra and we're riding in her memory and in honor of another family member, Salvador, we're also riding in memory of others in our family who have died of this dreadful disease.

That's why I put that photo of Lerrys on my personal page, because he was/is one of the kindest and sweetest people I've ever known. And he died of a kind of cancer that didn't have to kill him, if the best care had been available to him. That's what we want to see happen: research and treatment and care that will benefit people all over the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment