Friday, February 20, 2015

Forks Over Knives

People (North Americans) seem to think you need to eat a lot of meat to be healthy and strong. Of course we get those ideas through years of unwittingly being on the receiving end of huge billion-dollar marketing and lobbying campaigns by the meat industry.

Every once in awhile I read about super athletes who are vegetarians, even vegans. Now, added to that list, is Frank Medrano, whom I just heard of yesterday. I found this article about him from the folks at "Forks Over Knives," a program followed by our friend Rick, whom we met our first year at Reach the Beach.

Here's the official Forks Over Knives Web site.  Here's the Web site of another vegan body builder. 

Hmmmm. Looks like all these guys are selling something! That's okay with me. But is the vegan diet for super strength really legit? Lots of people say it isn't. Just Google "forks over knives debunked" to find out more.

I'm not planning to go completely vegan, but I'm always looking for healthy ways to eat and get stronger....without succumbing to that whole orthorexia phenomenon, where you become so obsessed with "healthy eating" that it becomes an eating disorder!

So, like I said, just trying to get healthier and stay healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment